Tuesday 31 July 2012

Wrinkles....


Hello

Today's card is made using a sheet that was purchased from www.craftsuprint.com and designed by Janet Briggs

The sheet number for anyone interested is 342049_68

To make my card I started by cutting out all the decoupage – have to say it was really easy to cut out too

I made up the layers of decoupage using tiny sticky pads and lightly curled the top most layers

The completed image measured approx 6x6 but if I made a square card using A4 card folded it wasn't big enough and if I used a bought square card it was scallop edged so the image covered the inner most sections of the scallop

So I decided this would have to be an 8x8 card

I started by using the lovely new Tim Holtz distress ink pad Shaded Lilac to colour all the edges of the card

Then I found a sheet of pink spotty paper so cut it to size then punched the side edges with a Tonic border punch

Stuck this onto the card using double sided tape

The card still looked lost so I cut 2 11cm squares of card – one in lilac and the other was silver heart holographic mirri card and punched the corners of both with a Martha Stewart bubble bath corner punch

I added double sided tape to the back of the squares and positioned them to the top left and bottom right corners on the backing paper

The image was then sat on top of those!

I made up a silk flower using 3 different coloured petals and pushed a pink gem set flower shaped brad through the centre, folded the brad legs at the back and stuck a large sticky pad over it to fix to the bottom left corner of the card

I used 2 of the many sentiments as couldn't decide which one I liked best

The photo's were taken before I embellished the card but I added pastel pink gems around the circular centre and then pale blue gems for the bubbles as well as a blue in each corner.

Looks great – and its ideal for teens through to pensioners!

Would love to know what you think of it please...

X

2 comments: