Tuesday 24 July 2012

Jumbo Designs


Hi there

Well today has been a scorcher – at 4.30pm my outdoor thermometer was actually reading 34.7 degrees – and even now – at just after 9pm its still reading 25.8 degrees...so pretty hot and uncomfortable!

I had hoped to get a card or two finished at class this evening but its been a nightmare – decided to share some new techniques – then I was asked about masks so came home to get them – saw happenings in the empty house next door – got caught in conversation with a neighbour and it goes on and on

Ended up with the police calling me regards the empty property...you get the picture...

So I didn't get to work on my cards – got one cut out but not actually made the card up yet...

So I thought you might like to see something I did at the weekend

I joined a yahoo group that is just for UK ATC makers – yeah!!! I love doing atcs but there are less and less swappers around now

I signed up for all the swaps and one was called JUMBO swap – a normal atc is 9cm x 6.5cm but the jumbo was 8.5cm x 12cm

I was looking forward to the challenge but had no idea as to what to do

So I started by cutting up some thick board – it was the natural grey colour so covered it with white card.

Using the pan pastels I coloured the backgrounds using lemon – orange – sepia then white was rubbed over the whole card to tone the colour down a bit.

I then used my lovely lady stamps by Clarity Stamps on two of them and a lady's face and eye from Inkilicious on the other

The stamp was also partially stamped onto a chipboard tile – I coloured with pan pastels then covered with versamark pad and clear embossing powder and heated up

The mini tile was then covered with Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue and attached to the stamped image – matching the lines!

To highlight the design I used a white gel pen then used a sentiment stamp on each design

A brad was finally added to each to finish

Personally I think they look lovely – but I suppose I could be biased lol

See you tomorrow folks

x

2 comments:

  1. Great Jumbo ATC's
    good idea stamping on the tile
    Mx ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea with the tiles
    really draws the eye!
    Mx ;)

    ReplyDelete