Monday 9 July 2012

Iris Pop Out Card


Hello

You may recall I said yesterday I had done well with the card making and today I have another card to share

Its another kit from craftsuprint and by Sandie Burchall – but I cant seem to find the kit again to get the exact name of it but I believe its something like Iris Pop Out Card Kit

Anyway it had 6 sheets to be printed out which included a lovely matching envelope

I made the card up my way rather than as the instructions so I started by sticking the card front to a bought 8x8 white card blank, cut it down to fit – think it was about a 7x7 – then added the card back – this saved messing around sticking sheets to card.

Once I had the card sorted it was onto the insert – the downside was it only had the one side which I had typed my verse to before printing – so I found 2 sheets of mid purple paper and cut them to fit the card – rounded the corners with a corner chomper – then stuck each sheet in – I deliberately cut the pieces smaller than the card to leave the white all round border.



The verse panel was cut to size and again I rounded the corners and stuck this onto the purple paper – leaving a border.


On the left hand side I stuck the matching gift tag from the kit as I thought it looked nicer than left blank.

Onto the card front – I cut out the 4 pyramid iris designs and built them up using large sticky pads – these were then stuck to the printed front, then using a Sakura quickie glue pen I went around the flowers and covered with glamour dust, tipping off the excess.

To the frames – I roughly cut the 4 frames out then used Crafters Companion Stick & Stay to stick them all to lilac card stock.

Carefully I cut out the frames – inside and out and scored & folded along all the outer score lines – the very outside lines needed wide double sided tape adding so they could be stuck over the iris pyramid.

I took my time on this part to ensure the folds were crisp and all laid properly before securing in place.

To decorate I used lilac AB flat back gems in the 4 corners on the top right and bottom left frames

Happy Birthday was added to the top left frame and Special Sister to bottom right frame – these 2 frames were embellished with deep purple AB pointed gems on the sentiment panel only.

Purple metallic card candy was placed in the 4 outer corners of the card and a small bow was tied using purple spotted ribbon – long tails were left on this and it was positioned between the top 2 frames and held with a dot of silicone.

I have blanked out the envelope front as I printed on the name and address as it looked so much nicer than hand written!

This was popped in the post today to a very special lady – Jae's sister – but since staying there in April I have been added to their family and regularly get called sis – hence the special sister sentiment!

This is a stunning kit which I thoroughly enjoyed putting together – I have lots of these kits with different flowers and scenes and a few different colours – I can see these soon becoming a favourite kit to make!

Would love to know what you think to it too

x

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely stunning and a lot of work gone into it. You do make great cards.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete