Saturday 14 July 2012

House Mouse


Hello

Had quite a productive day card making wise – actually made 3 cards, finished off 1 and cut out 8 sheets...good eh?

So the card I am sharing today is from the fab new House Mouse cd by Joanna Sheen

This is project 10 for anyone interested – I love all the projects on this disk, some are toppers while others are decoupage

This set is decoupage as you can see in the photographs

It prints out over 3 sheets, 2 are the decoupage and the 3rd sheet is a backing sheet with 2 sentiments along the bottom

Because the design is quite a size and the backing paper beautiful I wanted to be able to show both off so opted for an easel card..

I started by folding the black A4 card in half and the front piece in half again to create the basic easel

After cutting out all the decoupage – and believe me it was quite challenging where the leaves feature along the left side – I made up the decoupage using tiny 1mm foam pads – because there are 7 layers of decoupage I felt it needed to be slim pads of silicone or it would have been too thick and lost some of its beauty...in my opinion that is!

Next I matted the main image onto a piece of black card – the image had a red border so I left an equal sized border on the black card. After that I matted onto a piece of red card leaving a deeper all round border this time.

This panel was then stuck to my folded front panel with strong double sided tape.

The sentiments were cut off the backing paper then the paper was cut into 2 pieces – with 1 piece I trimmed the edges with a deckle edged blade – this was then stuck to the easel base with double sided tape.

I had a length of black and red card left so used a lovely new border punch by Tonic – its called Scalloped Diamond Border – to punch out along one long side of each piece

I lined the design up on both pieces then trimmed the ends – added large sticky pads to the back of the red piece, placed it on top on the black piece then after adding more pads to the black piece it was placed on top of the patterned paper to act as my stopper.

As I wasnt keen on the 2 sentiments I cut 1 out and then added a small piece of black card to cover the wording but leaving the design showing – a simple peel off greeting was placed on the black card

This was then placed on pads and positioned centrally on the punched borders.

To finish my card I added shiny red card candy to the 4 corners of the main image and also 3 at either side of the image panel

Black AB gems were placed on the 2 front corners of the base as well as 3 at either side of the sentiment.

All in all a lovely card for any occasion – don't you agree?

See you tomorrow

x

1 comment:

  1. Loving this, have a thing about poppies. Had considered buying this cd, now going to look again. Just adore this.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete