Sunday 8 July 2012

Lilac Rose


Hi

Today I made a card or two – only cos I realised I was almost out of time to get them made and as seems to be the way had some requests for special cards – initially I said no but when I realised they weren't needed til mid August I changed my mind – so have them all printed out ready to be made up too!

So to the card for today – it came from somewhere I will not buy from again www.craftsuprint.com as I am fed up of been treated like an idiot by the site owners and looking at the comments I had through facebook on the subject seems I am not alone!

Anyway I bought this a while ago – don't know why – well apart from liking it – have my reasons but now isn't the time or place to go into things!

So the kit is by Sandie Burchall as if we couldn't tell by the same style as most of hers and it has 2 sheets to make up the envelope and then the main card, the insert and then the box and pyramage sheet – oh and the kit is called Lilac Rose Picture Pop Out 3d Small Square kit – quite a mouthful for such a small card!

So I printed all 5 sheets then trimmed the card down sprayed the back with Crafters Companion Stick & Stay and stuck it direct to lilac card stock, I did the same with the pop out panel as it needs stability to hold its shape.

The main card was then trimmed to the correct size and I used the Corner Chomper to round the 4 corners.

Cut down the insert which I had added a verse to prior to printing – I placed this inside the card and stuck in place.

The box was easy to make up – it just needed the outer edges well scoring then fold M-V-M and stick to the front of the card lining up with the preprinted design.

I only stuck one side then made up the pyramage and only then did I stick the other side in place.

To decorate I added random dots of glossy accents to the rose and shiny purple card candy to the corners

A pretty card that folds flat to go into its own matching envelope

All ready now for one of the ladies in class who celebrates her birthday on Thursday this week

See you all tomorrow with another new card

x

No comments:

Post a Comment