Friday 28 September 2012

Teddy Shaped Card


Hello again and a big thank you for popping in again to see what I have on offer today!

Its another card made from a kit I bought from the very talented Lyn through her website which is


The kit included the main card sheet, the insert sheet, back and front envelope sheets and 2 – yes 2 sheets of decoupage for just 75p....I only used half of the decoupage which means I get another card made from what is left over so even better value for money...check out Lyns website – you will be amazed at just how much stuff she has on there – oh and this kit is called Shaped Cards Set 80

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

Bright red A4 card stock

6 sheets of printed design sheets

Sakura quickie glue pen

Cosmic Shimmer PVA

Glamour dust

Glossy accents

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Crafters Companion Stick & Stay

Eazi Score Board & tool

To make the card ...

I roughly cut out the main card from the sheet – turned it over and evenly sprayed the Crafters Companion Stick & Stay over the back, left it for approx 30 seconds then popped it onto the bright red card stock and carefully cut out the card.

Next I used the eazi score board to score down the card on the fold line, creased it well then opened it again and added the blank insert to the right hand side – I have lots of lovely christmas verse rubber stamps which was why I didn't add a verse before printing out.

I know there is a piece of decoupage to fit the reverse of the card front but I decided not to use it as I liked the bright red card showing – it looks so cheerful.

So now its down to cutting out the decoupage – as I said at the start of this – there are 2 sheets of decoupage so I just used alternate layers so it works out ok for the 2nd image – it doesn't matter there is no base image as this will work just as well as a standard card using a backing paper.

I layered up the decoupage using double sided sticky pads.

Once I had as much decoupage as I wanted I began to embellish it

I used the Sakura quickie glue pen to highlight where I wanted to add a light sprinkling of glamour dust but where I wanted a thick covering – like on the pompom I used the Cosmic Shimmer PVA then covered with glamour dust.

Glossy accents was used on the gold ribbon of the parcel, the red berries and the eyes and nose of the cute bear.

The envelope was simple to make up – I cut out the 2 pieces and scored using the Eazi Score board on all score lines, then folded and sharpened the score lines

A wide double sided tape was used to attach the 2 pieces together


I do hope seeing this card has made you want to pop over to Lyns website and check out her sheets and kits....just be warned – the prices are low – quality very high – and so many to chose from I know you will be back again and again that's how come I have so many and still go back often...

See you tomorrow

x

1 comment: