Sunday 30 September 2012

Red Christmas


Hello...

Well it would seem winter is certainly on its way if today is anything to go by – mind you it is what we in Hull always call “Hull Fair Weather” that's because we have the travelling fair – is said to be the biggest fair in Europe – and it visits us here in Hull the start of October and its always wet, windy and cold!!!

Lets just hope we get days that are drier and a tad warmer for a few more weeks yet as winter is long enough!

The card I have decided to show today is a beautiful one – the artwork is stunning – sadly I don't know who designed this sheet but I do know it came from www.craftsuprint.com I did try to spot the sheet but after searching around 1500 sheets I gave up!


So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

Scalloped edged 6x6 card blank

The printed sheet

Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad – Shaded Lilac

Ranger Cut & Dry

Sakura quickie glue pen

Glamour dust iridescent glitter

Glossy accents

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I cut a piece of Ranger cut & dry to about 2” square and rubbed it across the Tim Holtz Shaded Lilac ink pad until I had a good coating of colour

The scalloped edged card blank was folded and placed on the heat mat, I started just off the card and using circular motions made my way onto the card and continued all the way around the card until I was happy with the colour – I just rubbed over the ink pad on a very regular basis to get it done.

I only actually inked the outer edges as the centre of the card was to be covered.

I cut out the pieces on the printed sheet – then using double sided tape around all the sides I stuck the main base image to the centre of the card – this left the lovely lilac order showing.

The beauty with this sheet is there is very little decoupage to be cut out – its was another panel which is a lovely shape and the ribbon...

The shaped panel had large 2mm sticky pads fixed to the back and the panel sat centrally on the base image.

The pretty red paper ribbon was cut out and positioned just below the shaped panel using small 2mm sticky pads

A simple gold foiled sentiment was attached over a section of the ribbon with a large sticky pad

Then it was time to decorate and I did this with the quickie glue pen – highlighting the many snowy areas especially the tops of the wooden fence at the front of the card.

Well I dont know about you but I think this is a super card that could be sent to anyone of any age – and can be made year after year but by changing just the card blank it could look very different every time!

I do hope you are enjoying this new look in the way I am showing the cards – a little chatter to start followed by list of materials used and then the method...I was just aware that there are still lots of people new to card making that may stumble upon my blog and by being as thorough as I can in what I used and how I did it I do hope it will encourage not only new card makers but all you loyal followers to have a go!!

I would love to see the cards you make too...

See you tomorrow

x




2 comments:

  1. I love the colour combination used on this card. Red and lilac gives a modern look to a traditional snow scene, it's really striking! Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really stunning card, Angie. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete