Monday 3 September 2012

French Flair...


Hello again

Thanks for dropping by

This card is my kind of card – sort of steam-punk style....

The sheet is called French Flair Paris Topper it doesn't give any designer details and I believe it was bought from www.cardmakingdownloads.com

To make my card I folded my A4 brown card in half to make an A5 card blank

After cutting the base layer from the sheet I matted it to a piece of pastel pink Adorable Scorable card leaving a very narrow border

This panel was then stuck to the top part of the card using double sided tape

Now it was a case of adding the cut out pieces.

If you look at the image it has to be made up in a particular way so it was the panel across the centre first then the large circle with the Paris stamp in its centre.

After that I added the hat and the dress – and the shoe that points to the right followed by the other shoe and finally the ribbon to the dress

I used small sticky pads but had to take care where I was added them as I would normally cover the whole section of decoupage with pads – however for this to do it that way I would have had sections much higher than they should be – so in this instance I put my sticky pads onto the BASE image then dropped the decoupage piece onto it!!!

Next I took a piece of the pastel pink Adorable Scorable card and cut both long edges with a deckle edged trimmer

Some time ago I bought a big selection of butchers twine and so far haven't used it – this project was perfect for it

So using the plain twine I wrapped it around the strip of card 3 times and secured it at the back – I then played with the twine until I had the 3 pieces separated

I used a Tim Holtz distress ink pad – Frayed Burlap – to dab along the twine – which randomly added some colour

A small white tag that was silver edged and said Just a note to say... had the edges coloured with pink then I punched a hole and added an eyelet using my cropodile tool – an oddment of the twine was poked through the eyelet and tied to the twisted twine

This panel had large sticky pads placed along the back and then stuck to the card below the main image

Finished the card by using glossy accents on the band of the hat, the heels and darker design of the shoes, the swirly parts of the dress and finally the ribbon design.

I think this card is perfect for any occasion – I love it!!!

See you tomorrow

x

No comments:

Post a Comment