Thursday 20 September 2012

Dragonfly Delight


Hi

Got up this morning feeling pretty rough to say the least...

As the day went on it was very obvious I was starting with a cold – great – that's all I need! I'm just hoping it passes as quickly as it came.

Enough of feeling sorry for myself …

Today's card has had great comments from everyone who has so far seen it

I bought this from www.cardmakingdownloads.com a week or two ago as the colours really caught my eye

The sheet was designed by Gillian Hutchinson better know in the craft world as Simply Sumara this is here website and well worth looking at www.simplysumara.com

I used a sheet of Adorable Scorable card from Hunkydory – its like a pinky lilacy colour – this card is great as it will fold by hand and there are no creases from it....

So I used a score board and created the A5 card blank, after I trimmed the base image I used double sided tape to attach it to the card blank, I left a narrow border down both sides and across the bottom as I will probably add a sentiment along the top when I know what event the card is needed for.

There isnt a great deal of decoupage but what there is needs your attention to cut cut it out – its the flowers and leaves cluster in the bottom right hand corner...

Once they were cut out I used medium sized but only 1mm thick sticky pads throughout.

After cutting the 3 sections of dragonfly I used a Sakura quickie glue pen to highlight the wings on each layer and then covered with iridescent glitter

To attach the dragonfly I used a narrow slice of double sided tape just on all 3 of the bodies and stuck in place

The wings really do make the dragonfly look lifelike....

There were other parts of the card that were also glittered

It really is a wonderful card!

See you tomorrow folks...I promise to wear a disposable face mask so I dont pass on this cold...lol

Bye till tomorrow

x

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I love that dragonfly! And fab colour too! Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Angie. Love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete