Monday 10 September 2012

Lantern Light




Evening

This is the card I mentioned I had on the go last night

Have to say I'm pleased with it but there is plenty of room for improvement

To make this card I used a great set of stamps called

A Festive Night By Lantern Light

And they came from www.dimensionstamps.com

A great price too – I think they were £12.50 with free P&P and the set contains the large lantern, cris cros window, lovely swirly holly, candlestick, bells, ribbon bow and the several pieces of holly in different sizes as well as berries. The stamps are clear stamps and its a full A5 plate – great value for money as are all the Dimension stamps

I used a sheet of Stamp & Colour card by Stamps Away and stamped the image using a black versafine ink pad – as the ink was still wet I covered it with clear embossing powder and heated it up

The whole of the stamping was then coloured lightly just using Pro Markers in shades of grey – the set I have is the Cool Greys – then I used a 1p coin and marker the corners then cut them out so they were concave

I cut a piece of black card just slightly bigger than my white card and matted it up

Next I found a few sheets of black & white card with a very small design on it so cut one sheet a wee bit bigger than my black and white sheets and cut off each corner – then matted this onto a sheet of slightly larger black card.

My 2nd sheet of black & white patterned card was cut to leave a good border all round the matted sheets.

All the matting and layering meant I had a big panel that would need a big card so after having a good rummage I came across a pack of 10” X 7”cards

The whole panel fitted perfectly on the card

I used a quickie glue pen and glamour dust to highlight the lantern

White pearl card candy was stuck in the corners of the black card which showed up as the corners had been removed from the card matted on top of it.

A silver and white sentiment was attached under the panel and a small ribbon bow was tied using white grosgrain ribbon

That was attached between the base of the lantern and the sentiment

Now its completed I am pleased – I do wonder if I should have just added one colour to the design – ie red glitter for the berries

Or a yellowy orange for the candle flame...

What do you think?

See you tomorrow...x

No comments:

Post a Comment