Wednesday 19 September 2012

Posting Day


Evening all

I had a poor nights sleep so rather than head for the TV I decided to start making up some cards from the many many decoupage toppers I have ready

I print out sheets – cut them out – make them up into a topper than drop into a box – there must be 50+ just waiting for a card to be done.

Well this is a card I made up while at Malham last weekend

It was a lovely kit from one of my favourite sellers Lynzeys Place

http://www.lynzeysplace.com/index.php?p=1_84_Easel-Christmas-page-2 that will take you direct to the page with the kit on

This kit is called Easel Christmas Set 66

The kits from this site are great value – its 50p for up to 3 sheets and then 4 or more sheets is 75p... I have just bought a sheet that has around 8 sheets to it...

So I printed out the kit which was the easel, the main image, the stopper, decoupage & sentiment and 2 pieces for the envelope.

I roughly cut out the easel and main image and then sprayed the backs woth Crafters Companion Stick & Stay then stuck these to white card stock

The pieces then were all carefully cut out, the base was scored in half then the top piece in half again

The base image was then attached to the folded front – I added the decoupage at this point using very thin sticky pads.

For my stopper I used a piece of printed self adhesive Christmas ribbon then popped a sentiment in the centre – this was built up using thick sticky pads

To decorate the card I used small clear AB flat backed gems when printed snow was all around the design

The top of the post box was covered with a generous amount of PVA glue as was the girls hat and coat fur trim – then I covered with iridescent glitter

Glossy Accents was added to her little helper and a letter.

The envelope was easy to make up – both sheets were cut out and then folded on the lines shown – double sided tape was then placed over these and both parts pressed together

Its a lovely card – more so because it comes with the matching envelope.

More like this tomorrow friends

x

1 comment: