Tuesday 4 September 2012

Tea Anyone?


Hello again

Thanks for dropping by

I actually printed and cut out all the decoupage for this card a few weeks ago but it wasn't then touched until last night

The image is from Joanna Sheens last Housemouse cd and project book and the card itself is along the lines of one I had seen made using the cd

I used a white 8x8 scalloped card – I cut the front piece only in half and removed the top half – I turned this over so the scallops were now at the left side – I lined it up, drew around the scallops and cut them out – this left my top back as scalloped edged!

I used the main image and matted it onto gold holographic mirri card – then some backing paper – gold holographic mirri card and finally backing paper again – this was then stuck to the card back approximately 1.5 scallops down.

I used a scrap of gold mirri and a scrap of backing paper to make a fancy panel beneath the image

I then closed the card front and placed the largest piece of decoupage on the front lining the teapot up with the image on the back – I used a small dot of pva glue on the bottom most part of the decoupage to stick it to the card front.

When I was happy it was lined up I added Cosmic Shimmer PVA all over the bottom part making sure it didn't go over the card front

Opening the card I then placed the white card I cut from the front behind the top of the decoupage – used the Cosmic Shimmer to stick the decoupage to it securely then cut it out! The card had strengthened that decoupage.

I came across a lovely fancy flourish I had cut with the robo while tidying up so I used 3 ink pads to lightly colour it then sprayed it with Perfect Pearl Mists Perfect Pearl so it had an amazing sheen to it

I glued this to the back of the card front in the hope it would help hide the join – sadly it hasn't so will have to use peel off borders I think

The decoupage layers were now built up with tiny sticky pads and added to the front of the card only

As I had a big empty space below the image I punched out some leaves and the flowers were punched from white paper and coloured with PanPastels then the leaves curled and built to make these wonderful flowers – I added them and the greenery with Cosmic Shimmer and the coloured a circular sentiment with coloured inks before spraying the card front lightly and randomly with the Perfect Pearls mist again

This is a card with a difference – it has turned out great – don't you think?

See you tomorrow

x

No comments:

Post a Comment