Tuesday 25 September 2012

Spooky....


Hi

Today I am sharing one of a few Halloween cards I have been asked to make.

As its not something I have made before I was a little stuck so it was a trip to

www.cardmakingdownloads.com armed with a 10% off voucher and bingo...I found a few that appealed to me

This is called Have a Spooktacular day and was designed by Deborah Lauder

It was a sheet to make up a 5x5 card but I did something different with it!

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface

Black A4 card stock

Orange A4 card stock

Eyes in the dark backing paper

Printed sheet

Glossy Accents

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

A bought pumpkin tag

2 googly eyes

Orange button and thread

Geared Border Punch by Craft Tonic


To make the card ...

I started by folding the black card in half to create my A5 card blank

The orange card was measured to fit the card front leaving a narrow border – then I used the Tonic border punch along the top and the bottom of the card and stuck in place with double sided tape.

I found a sheet of black backing paper with eyes in the dark – it was from an old book of Halloween papers by DoCrafts – it fitted the theme of the card perfectly so I trimmed it to fit on top of the orange card leaving borders and stuck with double sided tape again.

After cutting the image from the sheet I matted it to a piece of the left over orange card and trimmed to leave just a narrow all round border – I stuck it in place the stuck the whole topper to the card front at an angle

Next I built the few pieces of decoupage using small double sided sticky pads.

To finish I added 2 tiny googly eyes to the card – these were stuck with Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue

A small orange button was found in my button box and it was helped with having thread already on it making it look as though I had really stitched the button on.

A bought pumpkin tag had a length of orange organza ribbon threaded through then a large sticky pad on the back – I stuck it under the topper again at an angle



I am pretty sure Ann will be pleased with Halloween card number 2...we may get to see Halloween card number 3 tomorrow....the ladies in class got to see them all tonight

See you tomorrow

x

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, Angie. Love the striking halloween colours. xx

    ReplyDelete