Monday 26 March 2012

Tatty Teddy!


Hi

I really hope the weather has been as nice in your neck of the woods as it has in mine,...I have spent the last 2 afternoons just relaxing in the garden....nothing better than a little sun tan to make me feel on top of the world!

I am short changing you again today I'm afraid....basically I have so much to do and so little time to do it so yet again I am falling back on one of the older cards I have made and kept for just such days!

This card is something I made for Mother's Day from Layton to mummy 2 – or Auntie Nicky – Layton is one lucky little boy as he has 2 mummy's who shower him with love and attention...

Back to the card....


I used the DoCrafts Digital Designer to make the card – it was the Me To You Occasions I believe – but don't quote me as I tend to open up all the cds that are in the system and drag & drop whatever takes my fancy!

I started by using a pink A5 card blank, and to that I stuck a sheet of pale lemon with pink spots backing paper – this was from the above cd rom...


I had printed the decoupage but as there was lots of space on the page I filled it with all manner of banner, sentiments, borders and embellishments – so I used one of the border to go across the card dividing the paper a little

Next I used an oddment of pale pink card stock and stuck a piece of deep pink backing paper that had butterflies on it, this panel was attached centrally to the card front!


Next I cut a mat of white card stock using my Mega Labels 8 Nestabilities, inked around the edges with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink Pad from Tim Holtz and then built up the Tatty Ted decoupage....

This was then attached to the mat and layer panel.


I cut out 3 tiny flowers from the backing paper and stuck them to the shaped mat...then popped a red pearl in the centre of them! I added the same pearls to the flowers on Ted's head...

To embellish the card I used glossy accents on the perfume bottle and all the patch lines on Ted as well as her blue nose


Pretty clear AB pointed gems were added to the corners of the matted section as well as the border – I doubled up a piece of cerise spotty ribbon – tied a bow and fixed to the bottom of the card then used my Label Maker to print a
Happy Mother's day Auntie Nicky message which was positioned along the top of the card!!!

Needless to say Auntie Nicky loved her card.....

See you tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment