Friday 30 March 2012

Owl Card 3


Good evening

It's me again – all tanned from yet another day out in the garden....looking at the forecast it really does seem now that's the last of the decent weather for now....

So on to the cards...yep – another owl – sorry....

This time I did a gatefold card – I really like gatefold cards but don't do them very often but not sure why!


Mental note to myself – make more gatefold cards!!!!

I used a dark green card that was scored and folded into the traditional gatefold, then using cream pearlescent paper I cut all the edges using a deckle edge trimmer.

These panels were stuck to the gatefold doors using cosmic shimmer pva – then I cut 2 panels of leaf printed backing paper from the Woodland Folk paper pad, I cut these slightly smaller than the cream panels – and I used the corner chomper to round all corners before sticking on place.


I had already cut the light brown shape using the Grand Calibur and my Nestabilities labels and one size down to cut the white card to stamp onto

I stamped the owl by IndigoBlu – I love this even though on Create & Craft they insisted on saying it was a Barn Owl – as we have a barn owl as well as a tawny owl and now a Bengal eagle owl I can assure you it is NOT a barn owl....


I lightly coloured the owl using just 3 promarkers but I did colour the stamped panel with Tim Holtz distress ink pads, I used 2 of the olde type colours but sorry I cannot remember which ones!

I used a Sakura quickie glue pen to add a line of glue around the edge of the mat and the stamped panel, then rubbed in Copper Thunder Gilding Flakes – this was then rubbed to remove surplus bits and also to buff the flakes leaving a lovely bright band of colour!


The circular Just Because,... sentiment was brushed over with the sponge I did the distress inking with so adding colour

The last thing I did was tie a neat bow from green gingham ribbon and add it to panel just under the owl!

Open the doors to reveal the insert!!!

Hope you like this card!!!

Comments welcome.....

No comments:

Post a Comment