Wednesday 14 March 2012

Card With Freebies!!!


Hello again...

I had a text message this morning – I know its short notice – BUT – and then the card details!

I really want to say no to such requests – in fact it would make my life so much easier if I did – but I never do!

So the details were – nephew, 9 years old and transformers!

Yak, Yak, Yak

I don't like boys cards, especially young boys – and I know nothing about transformers...

So I asked a few friends for help....then decided I really should get out my old software and start making the sheets again...and that's exactly what I did!


I found an image and took it into PSP – made the pyramid sheet, a couple of backing papers and an insert … yahoo... they look pretty good really!


So for the card I used a sheet of dark blue outside white inside card – its a really good quality card but it ALWAYS cracks on the spine despite my scoring it over and over again on both sides...so I had to cover the spine, what better way than using the backing paper!

SO I folded it over the back – only about a centimetre or so – and covered right to the outside edge – because the paper had a border which I cut off it meant the whole of the card wasn't covered but it looked ok I thought.


When I made the sheet I added borders to the image – red, blue then silver – so I matted the entire design onto dark blue acetate, then stuck it to the card at an angle.

I stamped the sentiment – happy birthday to you... and then the lads name harley – these were both matted onto the blue acetate then added to the front of the card


When I made the insert I inserted a huge speech bubble which was prefect for the verse!


I am sure this card will be well received....

And a treat for you all – here are my sheets so you can have a play – if you happen to make anything with them, I would love to see pictures please!




Until my next card....take care....bye for now
xxx

1 comment: