Thursday 29 March 2012

Owl Card 2


Good evening

Well despite the forecast saying it was going to be a dull and overcast day I am pleased to say its been another stunner here in Hull – and naturally I made the most of it after class finished!

As I said yesterday I am sharing the owl cards I have managed to get made up....

so here is the 2nd one....

The stamp is the same as the one I used yesterday from IndigoBlu and I used the same nestabilities too....

This time I used Tim Holtz Old Paper distress ink pad to colour the edges of the white mat and then stuck it direct to the reddish brown shaped mat using Cosmic Shimmer pva glue.


I used just 3 promarkers for colouring the owl and of course the blender pen and was so pleased with the finished results of it – I know its not really colouring but it does look quite realistic!


I used a sheet of brown with dark brown tiny dots backing paper, it was slightly smaller than the mid green card blank and I punched the 4 corners using the Martha Stewart Bird corner punch, then popped a square of gold mirri card behind the bird so it stands out....


Added a circular sentiment that was gold embossed with Best Wishes and attached that to the stamped mat using cosmic shimmer pva then attached the diecut shaped mats to the card using sticky pads...


tied a small bow in brown spotty ribbon and positioned it in the bottom right hand corner to finish!

Can you cope with another owl card tomorrow I wonder....or should I go with something different and come back to the owls....decisions!!! Will decide tomorrow

Bye for today
x

No comments:

Post a Comment