Thursday 8 March 2012

Snowdrops!


Hi

I'm really sorry but I have so much to do I am having to cut back on the time I spend sharing today's card

At our community building we are holding an all day craft day to raise funds for the building – we did our 1st day just before Christmas and it was a huge success so it was decided we should do one every 12 weeks or so – and with just 2 or 3 weeks of planning this event has come around too quickly....we had the projects all sorted but putting everything needed for 20 people has been a huge job....I can see me still working on this until early hours of tomorrow morning!!!

So as I said, sorry but this really will be a quickie....


Its another teabag folding card – we did them in class a few weeks ago – the ladies all had a choice from 4 kits – I have already shared 1 with you and now this one...

So the sheet was bought from http://www.craftsuprint.com/ but sorry I cannot remember who designed the sheet – I will look out the sheet over the weekend and add the title, item number and designer!!


To make this card I chose deep green card – folded to form a card blank that was around 5”x7”

I matted the main image onto a scrap piece of textured distressed card leaving a narrow border then positioned on my card in the top area and more to the opening side of the card....

I used some of the lovely sage green with white dots ribbon that I had from http://www.meiflower.co.uk/ and wrapped it around the fold edge of the card securing it inside the card before the insert was added.


I cut the teabag tiles and did the simple folding and made up the medallion then pushed a pearl brad through the centre, the centre of the main image was empty so it was a case of personal choice as to where the medallion was positioned – I decided I liked it more to the top so that the faint printed snowdrops could still be seen.

Under the main image I stuck a plain and simple sentiment and 3 green card candy to the left side of it!


A pretty gem was fixed to the corner of the main image to finish this lovely card!!

I do hope you aren't too disappointed by the poor efforts I have submitted over the last week – what with having Layton overnight, then starting with the yakky cold and now being mega stressed I don't seem to be able to do what I really want to!!

Roll on tomorrow – I will try share something special with you – maybe even the projects from the craft day – these are a closely guarded secret so far with just Paula and myself actually knowing what is happening!!!

Bye then xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment