Thursday 15 March 2012

Power Rangers


Hi

I am showing and sharing a card I made for my beautiful grandson's birthday

Layton was 4 on 14th March and he is Power Ranger's crazy at the moment....

So it was only right that I try make him happy by making a card I knew he would want to keep looking at!

And this is what I made!!!!


I had a dreadful job getting a sheet but a couple of friends came to my rescue – thanks ladies ….you know who you are!!!

To start I used a dark blue a4 sheet of card that I folded to create my a5 card blank, I covered the front with the power rangers backing paper leaving just a thin border all round.

I measured the base image then cut a piece of blue holographic mirri board that was 0.5cm bigger all round, then gold holographic mirri card again 0.5cm bigger than the blue and finally red holographic mirri card 0.5cm bigger than the gold.


I positioned the red piece in the centre of the card, then the gold I twisted to the left and then the blue was twisted to the right!

The image was then stuck centrally over the top of the coloured mirri card!

The decoupage was built up using double sided sticky pads.


I wanted to add his name to the card and this did cause a problem as I was struggling for something to fit! Thanks to Karen for the alpha soups she kindly sent me – but in the end I went with my Dimension large alphabet stamps – I stamped using black memento ink onto normal white smooth card, then roughly coloured the letters using the chunky end of my pro markers – cut the letters out and ran the versamark embossing pad over them and covered with UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) heated it from behind and once melted I quickly dipped the letter back into the crystals and reheated, then set aside to cool...

Once all the letters were done I had to reheat a couple as they had either curled or cracked – but by heating them for a few seconds I was able to reshape them again!


I used Pinflare gel to stick the letters on – mainly because I had managed to get clear embossing on the back of the letter as well as the front! Because I was so short of space I had to stagger the letters but I think they worked out ok in the end...

I had chosen red, orange and blue for the letters and the holographic card as that was the colours of the power rangers on the sheet!

To finish off I used chunky font silver peel off Happy Birthday as well as a silver coloured peel off Grandson – the only large numbers I had were gold so I coloured a number 4 with red pro marker...

Layton loved his card....hope you like it too!!!

And here he is in the suit his daddy bought him for his birthday!!


Thanks for looking..

See you tomorrow

x

No comments:

Post a Comment