Friday 16 March 2012

Oh Julie!


Good Evening

Today I am sharing a card I had to make for my neighbour of almost 20 years birthday

Her birthday is one I cant forget as it's the same day as my Layton's, 14th March!

I was unsure what I was going to do – even up to 4pm the day before her birthday – then I spotted a part used alphabet sheet and knew just the card....

This is from a kit by Janet Briggs – its a tulip name over the edge kit....Janet sells on a few different download sites so I really cant say which one I bought this from!

To start I folded my sheet of purple card in half to make my A5 card blank.

I used one of my Kings Foils papers – until this week they had been in a box and now and again I would carefully take them out, drool over them, have a stroke and put them away – but I have decided I HAVE to use them.... so I chose a silver mini brick effect, I did a punched edge down the right hand side using a Papermania Hearts & Dots punch

This was than placed on the card blank centrally – I do like my all round border leaving I'm afraid! Then the main image was stuck on using double sided tape!

The tulips are easy to cut out and I shaped the top layers using my shaping tool and foam mat before attaching with tiny sticky pads.

I cut my letters out – J U L I E – and added small sticky pads to the pack – I started to position them on the card starting with the L then added J followed by E which left space for the U & I to be placed – they were then all evenly spaced!!!

Although the photo doesn't show – in fact I think I took the photo's then decided to brighten the card – so used a quickie glue pen and glamour dust and a few spots of glossy accents!
This kit actually comes with a matching insert so I added a simple verse and completed the card with the matching envelope

Needless to say – Julie loved the card – as she isn't a crafter, and doesn't know any others who are, she always looks forward to her birthday and Christmas cards!!!

Hope you like the card....one thing I will add – this kit comes with an A4 alphabet sheet which has a few extra vowels – I have now managed to get 3 cards from this one alphabet sheet so great value!!!

Enjoy the photos now....







Bye
x

No comments:

Post a Comment