Tuesday 31 January 2012

Beautiful Iris


Beautiful Iris

This is a sheet from http://www.craftsuprint.co.uk/
The sheet doesnt actually have a name nor a maker but the item number should you wish to look this sheet up is 286777

The whole design is one just one A4 sheet – and once made up makes a large DL card with an overhang too!

I printed the sheet and cut out the patterned panel that is printed with the whole image and background in one...that left just 3 pieces of decoupage that form the flower and a butterfly.


Once the decoupage was cut out I used a shaper tool to give the petals a real curve then attached used blobs of silicone glue.

The card blank was a sheet of A3 lilac card stock, scored and folded to create the large DL – and the flower actually falls onto the blank piece of card which was why it needed A3 rather than A4 – I suppose I could have used A4 and let the flower over hang the card but I felt it may suffer damage that way....


Anyway once the panel was fixed to the card itself and the decoupage was put in place all I had left to do was added the decoupaged butterfly and to cover a larger empty space I just popped a small pop up butterfly.

To decorate I used glossy accents to cover the beautiful purple flower and the pretty butterfly


I haven't used a sentiment yet as not sure what occasion I might want this for...sadly the sheet wasn't supplied with any despite having the lovely scroll type sentiment panel on the card itself...

Thank you as always for stopping by – see you next time I hope

Bye folks.... x ….......

1 comment: