Sunday 1 January 2012

Girly Girl Easel Card

Happy New Year

I wish you all the very best for 2012

Right - lets see just how good I am at sticking to my New Year Resolutions.....

For 2012 I am aiming to make and share at least ONE card every day which was what I intended when starting this blog!

So the 1st card for 2012 is this lovely kit from Crafts You Print by Amanda McGee - its called GIRLY GIRL BRACKET SHAPED EASEL CARD KIT



I started by printing all the sheets - which was the main card, the decoupage, the backing paper and then 2 sheets for the envelope.

I used my Crafters Companion Stick & Stay to attach the main easel card to a sheet of white A4 cardstock and then stuck the backing paper to the back - cut it out, scored and folded on the shown lines and put to one side.



Next I cut out the decoupage pieces and with the main piece fixing to the folded part of the easel base I decided to use the left over backing paper so it all looked pretty on the reverse.

The decoupage layers were positioned using Pinflair Gel and I did shape the top layers....

Now to the base - I used a Happy Birthday sentiment tab and attached the circular gem centred tabs to either side of the sentiment

The last thing I attached was a butterfly from the sheet but I really didn't like it so as I had used silicone it was easy to remove and in its place I used a dimensional butterfly.

Once I was happy with the card I used Anita's 3d Clear Gloss to give the mirror a shine as well as the decorations on the lipstick holder...

Lastly I added coloured gems to the circular tabs to add depth and of course it looks nicer than just the printed look!




The envelope was simply cut out, scored and folded then stuck together with double sided tape!

Hope you liked this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment