Tuesday 17 January 2012

Baby Boutique

This card was actually made up at short notice for an order - so as I liked it I thought I would share it with you

Having said this - it is the same style as a card I had previously added - Thistle Do Nicely!

So the kit is called Baby Boy Shop Kit I think...and it is by the very talented Janet Briggs - I bought this from Crafts You Print a long time ago - not that I needed any baby kits but I am a huge fan of Janet's work so thought if I ever need to put a baby boy card together i will have no problems with her kits!


So I printed off the sheets - 3 main sheets ( I used picasa so I could put my verse on the back of the card before I printed) and 2 for the envelope - I like the way the sheet itself has instructions printed making it so much easier than having to print out instruction sheets that I will never use again

So I cut out the window of the sheet and attached a piece of acetate behind it. Cut out the decoupage and made it up using small sticky pads.


The back of the inside is then attached to the back of the outer piece so I used Crafters Companion Stick & Stay to get that good clean bond

Before I made up the card I glittered and used glossy accents - allowed it to dry for an hour then it was a case of stick the roof of the front to the roof of the back!!!


I added the name JACOB to the centre front for that personal touch....

The envelope went together so easily - sometimes I struggle with a tiny over hang either at the sides or the bottom but not with this one....




And the best thing with these kits - they look great stood up on display - but simply fold flat for posting!!!


Hope you enjoyed this card!

See you tomorrow...

x


1 comment:

  1. It is great and I love how you have put glitter on the tissue, I think that makes it.

    ReplyDelete