Friday 27 January 2012

Do Not Disturb


Kizzy Dizzy - Do Not Disturb

This card was a lovely kit bought from Kizzy Dizzy Designs.... the website address is www.aimeeasher.com

This kit is called Do Not Disturb


To make this card I printed the main card front, the insert and the decoupage sheet – together with the box base and lid!

I cut out all pieces for the card and the box then stuck the card front to my card blank – that was a sheet of dusty pink card stock that I cut down to the required size – 5x7 in


The insert was folded in half and then the sides folded gate fold – I used Safmat to add the verse as it should have had a verse inserted before printing – never mind!! Then I used double sided tape on the reverse of just one of the gate folds and attached it to the inside of the card leaving just a small border at the edge – once that was secured I did the same at the other side – insert perfect!!

Next I stuck the shoe shape to a piece of scrap card and cut it out – the same was done with the top of the shoe panel – that was then fixed behind the base with strong red double sided tape – the front bowed nicely


I used thick sticky pads on the underneath of the shoe and tripled the thickness in the heel area so it stood out.....

On to the decoupage – not much of it either – so I attached it all with sticky pads and the bow on the show was stuck with tape.

I used different gems for the card – red flowers were added to the inner sole and perfume bottle label, a heart gem was stick to the neck of the large bottle and clear gems to the shoe and bag bows. Tiny black pearls were used on the labels throughout as decoration and then I went crazy with some Debbi Moore pink shabby chic glitter – this was used on the pink stripes and the dots on the bag and top border


The box base and lid went together perfectly first time – I had printed them onto matt photo paper and then used contrasting card to stick the sheet to so when the box was made up you saw the design on the outsides and the card stock on the inside


The box lid was a very tight fit so to help ease it off I used a small circular punch to cut into the sides – and for the tag, I punched a hole then slotted some narrow pale pink ribbon and attached to the box lid with sticky pads.

All in all a great boxed card that took little more than half an hour to complete but looks like hours worth of work went into it

Thank you for looking....




1 comment: