Sunday 22 January 2012

Lilies & Feathers

Today's project was again a purchase from Crafts You Print

This time it is just a single sheet by June Young

 and the item number should you wish to purchase it is 288557


The finished card size is 8x8

The sheet has just the base image and 3 decoupage elements so fairly easy to cut out - having said that though there are a few tricky areas where care is needed in cutting.

The card blank was from a pack of 20 I bought from www.craftworkcards.co.uk

It was 20 scallop edged cards and envelopes I believe and they cost around £7 so excellent value taking in their size and quality.

I started by colouring the card blank with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink pad - I used a blending tool with felt applicator to do this....

Next I attached the image base to the card more to the right hand side - I did find that because I had used the distress ink pad the double sided tape wouldn't stick so used Cosmic Shimmer PVA extra stock hold and it worked fine....

Instead of just adding the decoupage layers I first covered them with a Versamark ink pad then covered with UTEE and heat embossed - I did this 3 times in all to give the high gloss finish.


This was done to the ribbon bow, the iris cluster and the sentiment, then they were positioned and stuck in place with silicone.


As I had a blank space down the left edge I used raspberry coloured card candy - this is something else from www.craftworkcards.co.uk at around £1.65 per bag.

Normally I just pop a small double sided sticky pad at the back of the card candy and place on the card but as with the double sided tape they wouldn't stick so I added a tiny blob of the Cosmic Shimmer PVA to the pad then  pressed in place!


The last thing to be added was the Happy Birthday sentiment which was positioned at an angle in the top left corner.

A really pretty card to make and give - normally lilies are associated with sympathy cards but with the beautiful pink colour of these they are perfect for any occasion - I just chose to use birthday!!

As always - I would appreciate comments please!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment