Saturday 21 January 2012

Sympathy Card

This is the type of card we all hate to have to make but when I saw this sheet and insert I decided I had to buy it

As I said, it was a sheet and a matching insert - bought from Crafts You Print and designed by Kylie-Jayne Blacklaws


The main design of the card is in shades of grey so I opted for a smooth white A5 card blank and matted with silver mirri card to leave a narrow all round border then placed the image on top which looks like it has a black border before the image - this is simply because the image has a double border to it.

The decoupage wasn't so much difficult to cut out but it did need care as there were tiny slithers to be removed between the greenery.

I built the decoupage up using silicone and shaped the top few layers of the flowers.


With the butterflies I simply attached them to the card along the body only so the wings could move.


After adding the insert I used my Anita's glaze to give shine to both butterflies and the closed lilies ...


This is a simple and fairly quick card to make and I think it looks lovely - it may well remain in my made box of cards for some months - but then again I am often asked for a sympathy card and this one would be suitable for any one to send to a family member or a friend or neighbour

Thanks for calling in....

No comments:

Post a Comment