Monday 23 January 2012

Tri Fold Tag Card

Another kit today but this time its not from Crafts You Print

This kit is designed by Card Buddy's and was bought from www.card-making-downloads.com 


So in this fab kit there are 5 sheets - that is a front and back for the envelope, a backing paper for the reverse of the tags, the actual tag sheet and finally the decoupage elements sheet.


To start I printed the sheets onto matt photo paper then used stick and stay on the reverse of the tag sheet and the backing paper. I used a sheet of white A4 card and stuck the backing to one side and the tag sheet to the other then cut it out.


Once cut out I scored down the centre lines and folded - this broke the fibres in the paper but it worked out lovely as it left a green tint which all blended with the colour and style of the card.


Then next thing was to cut out the decoupage elements which were the the left and right tags and then the butterflies, words and circular flowers


These were attached to the card using large but thin double sided pads...


Once the elements were in place I set about embellishing the card and started by using my favourite gems, the chessboard ones - this time I went with the amber colour, they were placed in the centres of the flowers at the top of the outer edge tags and in the centre of the larger flowers in the centre tag.


I then changed to small pearls for the remaining flowers and highlighted the butterfly wings with a sakura quickie glue pen and sprinkled with glamour dust. I also added the glitter to the wording.

The last work on the tags was to add lilac buttons to the top left and right tags - I slotted a piece of very narrow purple ribbon through the button, tied a tight knot then cut the remaining ribbon off at an angle - the buttons were attached with silicone.


The envelope went together perfectly - it looks so pretty as it matches completely - and looks as good at the back as it does at the front


I hope you have enjoyed this kit - and I would just like to add that almost all the cards I have made and added to this blog are for sale with all money taken going direct to charity - if you are interested in any please get it touch!

Thanks for visiting - see you tomorrow I hope

x







1 comment: