Wednesday 25 January 2012

Posy Of Flowers!

Thank you for tuning in for today's project

This is another recent purchase from www.craftsuprint.co.uk and the kit is called a 3d Pop Out Card Kit and was designed by Carol Clarke

This kit has 4 sheets for the card and 2 pieces for the envelope so quite a lot of printing out


I think looking back I would have been better to stick the main frame to card stock but at the time I felt it would be ok just using the matt photo paper - don't get me wrong - it stands up ok but maybe with card stock it would have been stronger...

So to the make up of the card....it has a main front, back and then 3 floral fronts that are staggered heights. The instructions stress you do all scoring BEFORE you start any cutting out


I cut out the decoupage and panels which I did find quite boring as every layered panel was the same...and also sometimes I lost it as there is a white faux lace panel that runs behind the floral border and it was difficult deciding if it was waste or the lace...


So all pieces are cut - and most importantly scored in the correct places - so I folded the tent base which was on the back panel and that attached behind the main front with double sided tape and then the shaped top of the back and the front were stick together - I used cosmic shimmer PVA to do this....


After that it was a case of folding the 3 different sized supports

Starting with the largest layered panel, I attached the support to the reverse of the sheet and then used red double sided tape to stick the support to the front of the main front panel


Next was the middle panel which had the middle sized support and finally down to the smallest front and support

Once they are all in place it was simply a case of lightly pull the smallest panel out and the whole card bowes out - very clever indeed....

The envelope went together fairly straightforward really  and does look pretty....


To finish I simply used chessboard gems as centres for all the flowers and across the Happy Birthday banner and added some up the sides for good measure. As I had printed out the whole kit before thinking about the verse, I ended up adding my verse printed to a piece of Safmat and sticking it in place.....


I love the card and will certainly do it again - but would print a verse direct to the back panel and use card stock for more stability - and as there are several printed banner sentiments as well as a blank one its great for many occasions! And it folds flat for posting!!!!


See you next time....

1 comment: