Saturday 7 January 2012

Pretty Rockers

Hello again

Today we are going to combine 2 different cards under the same heading - that's because they are the same style kits just different designs and colours!

This kit is called Burgundy Flowers Off Your Rocker Card Kit by Sandie Burchall



Again its from Crafts You Print

So I printed out the 4 sheets and using Crafters Companion Stick & Stay attached the main circular image to 250gsm card stock and cut it out

The rest of the elements were cut out before I started to assemble the card and then decided I needed to attach the tag shaped section to card so stuck one side to card and then the paper to the other as this design works on back to back pieces.

I attached the tag shaped pyramage to the top panels using large foam pads.

To make up this rocker card I laid the circle pattern side up and cut along the 5 cut lines on the fold - these were so the 3 tabs from the panel section could drop in and the other 2 slits were for the Especially For You banner to slip into

Once the circle was folded on the score line it became a rocker - the panels were all in place and the blank panel on the reverse was added


The last part was to attach the Happy Birthday sentiment with pads to the bottom at the front - these kits come with loads of small and larger sentiments to cover every occasion.

Oh and so I could cover the tabs that were pushed through the centre fold I added a contrasting circle of card.

Once it was finished I ran a purple pro marker around all the edges to cover the white then sprayed the entire card with Crafters Companion Iridescent glitter.

So as I had made one of these cards and found where I could change sections to make a difference - decided to go with FLOWERS & BUTTERFLY kit



I use Windows Photo Viewer to print all my sheets and have it set to Full Page Photo but untick the FIT PICTURE TO FRAME option - so this time I decided to try taking it down a level and printed out on 20x25cms and what a difference!

Have to say for this particular kit it was a much nicer size of finished card...

It was made up just the same as the above kit but this time I didn't cut the slits as big as before and I stuck the tabs on in a different order to the instructions which I think helped the card stand better and rock more.


I used a shiny card for covering the workings under the circular rocker - mainly so I could use my Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks to colour it....was so pleased with it too - I used Raspberry and Gold and after doing the centre I added the blending solution to my pad and decorated the edges....


I didn't spray this card with glitter spray but added tiny gemstones to all the flower centre and used a hint of glitter to finish

This is a really pretty card to make - the decoupage was mainly butterflies which was on the 3 top panels and the main centre design!

Thank you for looking...


No comments:

Post a Comment