Saturday 14 January 2012

Pansies & Shoes!

Todays card is a quick and easy one as I set about having a huge tidy of my craft room then had a friend round for coffee and chinwag!

This is a sheet bought from Crafts You Print

Its cup number 281048_692 and was designed by June Young


It is designed to fit an 8" square card - luckily I bought myself a couple of packs of cards and envelopes recently when I saw them on special offer online...

To make this card I simply cut a sheet of purple mirri board slightly smaller than the card blank so I had a border all the way around.

I used a scallop blade in my Woodware Finger Guard trimmer to cut all around the main image then matted this onto the purple again leaving just a narrow border.

There wasnt much in the way of decoupage to this sadly - just the pansy in the bottom left corner, the shoes and butterfly above the shoes.

I did leave a question for the designer about this sheet - there was an extra butterfly for decoupage which I think was meant for the butterfly above the envelope on the design - it was however not the right way round....and it would have made no sense to have even more layers on the existing butterfly - she didnt get back to me - but never mind - it was only a minor point.

All in all I love the card but then its purple so wouldnt?


I finished the card by adding my favorite gems at the moment - chessboard gems - this time in amber - to the top left corner and bottom right corner as well as in the centre of the pretty pansy.

The border is made up of pretty little lilac papnsies so I added a tiny red pearl gem to the centres and finished with a sprinkling of fine gold glitter on the butterfly wings and the tiny little pansies around the sentiment.

This didnt come with a matching insert so I will simply print out onto a sheet of A4 paper and use a blank piece with it to make my own insert.

See you next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment