Tuesday 10 January 2012

Steampunk - I love it!

Today I am back to Crafts You Print

I bought this sheet as I really love Steampunk - there is something I cannot put my finger on that makes it stand out in a crowd!

This is a 2 sheet set as you get the front with decoupage and the other sheet has a panel for an insert with a couple of usable topper too

Made by Sue Douglas - it is an 8x8 finished card


So I started by using a shop bought 8x8 card blank with envelope - cut out the main image and had to trim it down a tad - this was my choice and so I could ink the card.

I used Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink pad with a Debbi Moore small blending tool to completely cover the outside edges.

Then using double sided tape I attached the front panel to leave a narrow border all round the card.


Rather than use the decoupaged butterflies as they were I triple heat embossed them all and attached by the body only so the wings had movement.


In the centre of all the pretty flowers I added some beautiful new gems I came across on the Internet - they were called chessboard gems - I used the black which in reality shimmer in a whole array of colours and just look stunning! On the clock faces I used the clear chessboard gems!

Once I was happy with the card I fixed the insert inside to the right and on the left I added one of the toppers...


I made this card for one of my friends and class member Helen so used Safmat to print a verse and smoothed into place on the insert before sending. I did this after taking the photo.

Hope you enjoyed the project!

More tomorrow....



No comments:

Post a Comment