Sunday 15 January 2012

Owl Experiment!

Hello

Today's card is a cute owl bought from Crafts You Print

The sheet number is 274487_1509 and its designed by Alison Sulley


The sheet was printed onto 128gsm matt photo paper and the few decoupage pieces were soon cut out - then fixed in place using double sided sticky pads.

For the card blank I chose a light purple marbled effect sheet of A4 card and folded to create my landscape A5 card blank.

I ran a gold metallic pro marker all the way around the oval topper which was then mounted in the centre of the card blank with medium sticky dots leaving plenty of free space all around the card.


As the topper had a faint inner oval I decided to play and in the end settled for black seed beads and black flat backed pearls which I attached in an alternate pattern with Pinflair glue.

The flowers that formed the background of the topper were pretty left as they were but I decided to add glamour to them so used a mix of tiny red gems and small white flat backed pearls.

Two of the flowers had buttons printed in the centre so I used small cream buttons which I threaded some white narrow ribbon through and tied off in a tight knot - these were attached to the card using Pinflare gel.

I decided to try my hand at stamping and heat embossing direct to the card - as I am fairly new to this technique I'm not too confident with it yet - I was aware that if I mess it up the whole card would be wasted - but I would never know if I didn't try would I?


So I rummaged and found a clear pretty corner stamp - Ornate Scroll work Stamps by Clear Choice Stamps -  I used a versamark ink pad and stamped my first corner - I had rubbed my card over with an anti static bag before stamping - then I sprinkled my image with WOW sparkling snow embossing powder and heated it - believe me it really did have the WOW factor!!! Once all 4 corners were done I was so chuffed - it wasn't perfect - I had a few stray grains here and there and sadly didn't get all the corners even but hey ho I'm happy!!!

The last think I did was used my versamark embossing pen to highlight the eyebrows and sprinkled with UTEE and heat embossed - they look great!!


So all in all I had a play and really enjoyed myself - and as for the finished card - I love it! Not sure if I will send it to anyone as I am tempted to pin it to the wall in my craft room

I would love to know what you think of this card and the way I decorated it....

Till next time....







No comments:

Post a Comment