Wednesday 1 February 2012

My Fair Lady



My Fair Lady

Today project I just fell in love with – although I have to admit its a project I saw on the cd and just had to do....

This is taken from Debbi Moore's My Fair Lady – or A Fine Lady depending where the cd collection is bought from

I browsed the projects/gallery and saw the card so had to go to the templates section for the template which I printed to a sheet of copier paper just using the normal text and plain paper settings.


I used an A4 sheet of matt black card, laid the template on top of the card and traced the template – it was simply 2 cut lines and 3 fold lines I believe – the sheet itself contained all I needed for the card – 3 images, the pearl border and the sentiments!

Once I have the folding done it was time to decorate – so I used an A6 piece of black and white printed vellum to cover the front in sections....I really feared it wasn’t going to be enough but it worked fine...


The toppers were stuck direct to card stock to make sturdy then cut out carefully especially around the fancy shaped tops. These were then attached to the outside fronts and the centre step using collall photo glue so I could move them about if I needed to.

The pearls border was attached with double sided tape and I decided on the small For Someone Special sentiment which was also attached with the tape.


Next my favourite part – decoration! I had ordered and received some stunning new pointed gems that are beautiful – so this project yelled for them...I used the clear pointed to cover the outer border of the centre image, then the top corners of the front panels and the outer edges of the sentiments I used a lush Royal Blue colour to compliment the card.

The ladies have a pearl around their necks – these were flat back pearls I had in and they fitted perfectly.


Lastly the glamour dust – this was sprinkled over the quickie glue that highlighted the feathers & flowers in the hats as well as the parasol..


A beautiful card that I really would be pushed to part with – but if I was asked …..

Thank you as always for stopping by – see you next time I hope

Bye folks.... x ….......

5 comments:

  1. Hello Angela

    I found my way to your blog from the comment you left over at Debbees Challenge blog. I think your 'Fair Lady' card is lovely and do hope you will decide to join in the challenge at Debbees. The cards made by the DT are just to give some inspiration and we would all love to see what you can do with the pretty papers Debs has given us. Hope to see you there soon.
    Jocelyn x
    Debbees Challenge Blog DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning card Angie. I love this image so stylish Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it love it xxx think its the best one yet of Debbi Moores but then again I like all her CDs and love all your work to xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Angie!! Mx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it Angie and must say the pic does not do justice to the card as in the flesh it is fab xx

    ReplyDelete