Saturday 18 February 2012

Purple Wellies!


Hi there.....

Still don't know if I'm coming or going – got the card order made but didn't get the chance to take photos! And still no new cards been made for the blog – I did have around 8 in reserve – think I have this one and one more then that's the lot!

So back to the My Craft Studio cd roms – this is an elements sheet taken from the My Craft Studio The Artist Collection – Dressing Up Dolly Diva's

Amazingly the cd itself is pretty drab in my opinion but then when you check the elements sheets they have some wonderful sheets for quick and easy cards

And you get the backing paper, toppers and sometimes even some decoupage on the sheet as well as a sentiment


The sheet I chose featured a pair of wellies with an umbrella and flowers – I don't know quite what attracted me to the sheet but I really do like this image!!!

I folded a sheet of A4 purple card stock to create my A5 card blank, then added a piece of pink card leaving a good border all round the card. I cut the backing paper from the sheet using deckle edged blade in my Woodware Fingerguard trimmer again leaving a border.


I matted the large topper onto a piece of purple then pink card and positioned this topper to the left of the card.

Along the bottom I cut out the broad paper ribbon and the narrower piece – I slotted a stone encrusted ribbon slider to the narrow piece and then fixed the ribbon borders in place with strong double sided tape.


I wasnt keen on the sentiment that came with the sheet so found an odd one that went well with the design – I matted it onto pink card and before fixing into place I added a few silk flowers to form a mini bouquet – then placed the sentiment over it.

I didn't add any glitter to the card – but I did use a few dots of glossy accents here and there!

Hope you aren't too disappointed with my shares – I will try get some new cards sorted tomorrow!!!

See you again soon I hope....
x

1 comment: