Sunday 8 March 2015

Stepper Card


Evening everyone and thank you for the reminder I hadn’t yet blogged today...I had it all worked out so I could watch tv from 6pm to 9pm then get down to sharing a card

This card was made up for one of the class lady’s who celebrated her birthday mid week so I am safe to share with you

I have used the stepper die by Presscut to create the card, this was cut from 350gsm white card, I then cut the 2 side panels, lower front panel and centre panel from purple pearl card, and these were then put through the big shot using a Cuttlebug folder, Swiss Dots

The purple panels were then stuck in place using double sided tape and then it was put to one side while I did the die cutting.

I used the same white as the card base and the same purple card; I cut out 2 of everything – 1 in white and the other in purple. 2 large scrolls, I think they are Cheery Lynn dies, 2 Happy and 2 Birthday then a selection of Tattered lace flowers and some leaves.

To start with I used dots of pva glue on the back of the purple scroll, and then laid this slightly off centre onto the white scroll. This was then stuck across the main front panel with some of the scroll over hanging the card at the left side as well as the top.

The Happy and the Birthday were stuck in the same way, so the white acts as a shadow. The sentiment was stuck off centre on the panel.


The flowers were built up using a mix of white and purple flowers – loopy daisies and filigree looking daisies. I slipped in the odd leaf here and there and glued the biggest cluster to the top left of the main panel, the smaller cluster was built and glued to the bottom of the panel.

To finish I kept it simple, I simply added a contrasting Card Candy to the centre of each flower cluster using a small sticky pad to hold them in place.

And that my friend, is another card shared...
If you like the look of the stepper card, I will happily cut you a couplke and mail them to you, just send me a message with colour card and colour for the mats and also your address and I will get them off to you asap.

And now its coffee time and got a program all about owls that I want to watch – if I can stay awake that is!

Bye for now
Hugs
Angie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment