Sunday, 14 July 2013

Christmas Star

Evening all
I have had a fab weekend, it started when I went over to stay with Beth on the canal boat last Friday, we had a lovely afternoon sat crafting in the caravan then had a yummy meal sat outside before finally going onto the boat for a good old natter.
Saturday we were all up bright and early for the Summer Crafting show at Doncaster Racecourse – as usual it was heaving and oh so hot – they say Saturday was the hottest day of the year so far...have to say the organisers were pretty good as they had jugs of iced water and beakers for everyone to help themselves.
So spent lots of money and came home overloaded with bags.
Finally arrived home here around 7.30pm shattered so it was a take away shower and in bed before 10pm.
Today I unpacked bag after bag and ohhed and ahhed over all the new stuff I have to try out
Think the favourite so far has to be a starter kit for making flowers using florist ribbon – have had a few plays and watched the dvds and its lovely!!!
So on to the card – its been so hot again today and here I am sharing a Christmas card!!!
The sheet was bought from Craftsuprint but sadly I have no idea who the sheet maker was
I folded my purple A4 card into a DL card then trimmed a piece of deep blue text paper to fit the card front leaving a narrow border – I nipped the corners then stuck to the card with double sided tape.
I cut the base image then matted it onto silver card leaving a narrow border.
Before fixing this to the card I made up the teabag medallion, the squares were cut out and then folded into the kite shape, when I had all the pieces done I stuck them together and pushed a snowflake brad through the medallion, sheet and silver panel, folded the legs back flat.
Double sided tape was added to the edges of the panel and this was then stuck to the card towards the left side
I used a piece of left over silver and a Fiskars ribbon punch – punched a few slots and then thread bark blue ribbon through securing the ends at the back.
I used double sided foam tape to attach the panel to the right hand side of the card
3 dark blue AB gems were stuck in the centre of the panel.
To finish I added glitter to the trees and spotted parts on the stars.
An ab gen was placed in the centre of the main star,
Its never to early to start on Christmas cards – the days, weeks and months are flying by so quickly now so the more I do the less to be done nearer to Christmas
Well that's its folks – catch you again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment