Monday, 4 March 2013
Hello my blogger friends
The card for today is a Christmas Teabag card
I have a few new crafters in class so I decided to show a few techniques so we have the iris folding to come but last week it was teabags
And as its already almost a ¼ through the year I decided it was time to start with christmas.
The card was from www.craftsuprint.com and was designed by Dawn Hill.
On the sheet it shows the square card with the teabag tiles but I decided it was to be an A5 so this is what I did!!!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
1 sheet A4 blue card
The printed main design sheet
small panel of silver card
piece of ribbon and pearl ribbon slider
Martha Stewart snowflake border punch
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
The blue card was scored and folded in half.
After cutting out the main square from the sheet I used very thin double sided tape to cover all the edges, removed the backing and covered with glamour dust, shook off the excess then did the same on the pre printed shape where the teabag medallion was to go.
The main panel was then stuck to the card front using double sided tape.
I folded the teabag tiles to create the medallion, sticking each piece as I went along, once the last piece was in I added the brad, sprayed the medallion with Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle then glued the medallion in place on the design sheet.
Using the oddment of silver mirri card I used the snowflake border punch on both edges and kept all the snowflakes it punched out.
The ribbo9n was slotted through the ribbon slider then the ribbon was stuck to the silver card – I laid it down the silver card and then tucked the ends behind the card and glued them – that way the slider can be moved up and down the ribbon until you are happy with it!
This panel was then stuck onto the right hand side of the card using thick foam tape.
The snowflakes from the punched border were randomly stuck on the card using PVA
When that was all finished I used the red stickles to add a blog of sparkly colour inside the snowflake cut outs on the border and the berries on the holly.
And that's the Christmas card finished!
The ribbon I used for this project is beautiful – I have it in a collection of colours now – its from a store called BOYES if anyone has one near them – its in the clearance ribbon box at 25p for around 3metres!!
If you are the 20,000th viewer on my blog you can expect some in your winning prize!!!
Having looked at the counter on the blog we only need around 240 more views!
Thanks for dropping by
This is another card for the “use or sell” box once the project has been done in class...watch out for the other version too