Saturday 16 March 2013

My day out

Good evening everyone
Nothing to share today – sorry – I have had an amazing day out with a lovely couple I met through Facebook
So we went to the Harrogate Show then onto Skipton for a walk around and finally on to Embsay which is better known as Samuel Taylor's – a fab craft shop.
So arrived at the show – as we were with a disabled lady on crutches we were waved in at 9.30, half a hour before the show was to open – so it was straight to the MDF man only to be told they weren't ready so were not opening until 10am, so I went to the next on my list – Chloe's Stamps – if you haven't heard of Chloe where on earth have you been?
This is a link direct to Chloe's website http://www.chloescreativecards.co.uk/
I was like a kid in a candy shop – I wanted so many stamps, especially now she has lots of new and exciting ones....ended up spending far too much so hope I manage to create what I am picturing in my head!!!
Then over to Aly's Inky Fingers – because I am a member of her project club I get a whopping 20% of stamps so was so pleased to get all I wanted and a huge chunk knocked off too...again – hope I manage what I want to create with them...
Back to the MDF man – I love everything!!!
Bought a H U G E clock and endless different cogs in all sizes, a door hanger, a couple of plain plaques...I really could have gone on and on!!!
Got a couple of quirky stamps – its a new company but Ive seen then in the magazines – was talking to the designers and explained I have to look at a stamp and work out if it will work stamped in black as I just don't colour and was stunned when they brought out board with cad samples simply stamped onto a blank card, a stamped sentiment and a couple of gems or something – so I was hooked – just couldn't decide which 2 I wanted from the vast range – in the end I went for some to make cards especially for friends although they could be used for anyone really..check out their website here...
Picked up lots of bargains along the way too...
Only downside to the show – I was on my own – usually I have a friend with me so we decide what we are buying and what we can split costs with so missed all that – really didn't enjoy being on my own.
Didn't buy anything in Skipton and then at Embsay I just picked up the new Creativity magazine
I was so pleased to get home, have a drink and something to eat and get my legs rested – they are a mess now so about to have a long soak in a lovely hot bubble bath!
Hopefully I will have a card for tomorrow – really need to get a nice birthday card made which was one of the reasons I bought a stamp – hope its goes ok!
See you tomorrow then bloggers
X

1 comment:

  1. Wow Angie you lucky duck going to the Harrogate show. Hope you've recovered. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations with your new stamps. xx

    ReplyDelete