Saturday, 2 March 2013

Scottie Dog

Hello my blogger friends
I am so happy I just have to share some good news with you all!!
As you will know if you follow my blog I try to take part in the CD Sunday Challenge – well I submitted a 6x6 page for the Spring Is In The Air and it got 1st place!!!
Have to say I was thrilled to bits with that page when it was finished and reluctantly sent it off as part of a swap!
Look on my blog for the badge stating I made the top 3....
And on to today
I am working hard on putting together projects for class to do when I am off “sick” and as I have some new ladies not only new to class but new to crafting in general I thought we should start on some different techniques and styles...I taught myself to craft and started with 3d decoupage (which is probably why I still love it so much) but did learn iris folding, teabag folding, quilling and dabble with stamping, encaustic etc
This week we did teabag folding and it was well received – we have next weeks project all ready to do so this is for a future week – its iris folding.
I have 100's of patterns which include 4 cds but when I saw these on crafts you print I thought they would make life easy!
So the sheet features the chart and the card front on one sheet – simple cut the aperture, turn over and start adding the strips – the sheet is by Margaret Jones and is called a No Trace Background Card – Scottie Dog.
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
1 sheet A4 deep green card
The printed main design sheet
A5 piece of red card stock
Charm and jump rings
Florist ribbon instead of papers
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Shaping tool from
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
The deep green card was scored and folded in half to start with.
The red card was measured to fit the printed card front, trimmed the excess...punched the 4 corners with nicked edge punch then glued the red card in place.
I cut the main card front from the printed sheet then carefully cut away the dog to leave the aperture.
Turning the card front over I lined the aperture with the pattern and just held in place with low tack tape.
I used black florist ribbon – because its so wide I just cut off a piece around 18” then tore into 2 length ways. This gives 36” of usable ribbon now.
So the ribbon is folded in half length ways and the fold goes up to the line as the ribbon covers number one – a small piece of double sided tape held the ribbon in place.
Then onto number two – three – four etc until all the numbers have been covered – a piece of silver mirri board was placed in the centre to act as the eye!
Once I was happy with the iris folding I used a broad cellotape to cover the back so that the strips didn't come undone...
The printed front was then stuck direct to the red card leaving the border.
The “faux” ribbon were cut out and stuck into two corners with sticky pads
A simple Best Wishes was stuck along the top left corner and to decorate the space along the right hand side I used a simple circular charm and 4 different sized jump rings – a red heart brad was pushed over the rings to hold in place!
I'm pleased with how the card goes together and that its ideal for newbies – but have to say I really don't like the printed ribbons but as they were printed on the sheet I had no choice but to build up with the only elements on the sheet!
Thanks for dropping by
This is another card for the “use or sell” box once the project has been done in out for the other version too

No comments:

Post a Comment