Saturday, 15 December 2012


Hi again

Well I know the card orders I did for Ann have passed their inspection so I am sharing one of them today...

If you saw the list of what Ann wants for this person or that person – you may want to run a mile – I admit sometimes its exceptionally hard to come up with this card!

I was asked for something to do with Astronomy..well I have hung on and hung on but yesterday decided it had to be done...and done it is!

Personally I think its pretty good too. I had to do a Google search for astronomy and I saved about 8 photographs which I dwindled down to just 3..did I make the right choice? You tell me.,...

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

Black A4 card

Printed sheet

Half a sheet of silver mirri card

2 strips of silver mirri card

Half a sheet of black glittered card

Snowflake border and corner combi PATP

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine



Shaping tool from

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card …

I folded the black card in half and creased well – I used a really thick card as I was doing it landscape so needed it to keep upright.

I matted the image onto silver mirri card leaving borders on all 4 sides.

The black glittered card was cut to fit the card front – I then punched the corner of the card using the snowflake corner punch – lined it up and punched the side panel followed by punching the bottom edge of the card.

It was at this stage I found that a black base card would not work well with the black cut out so I taped the silver stripes to the back of the punched design and what a difference it made.

The punched panel was taped to the card front using double sided tape and the main image was then stuck to the punched panel.

To make the card look more christmassy I used the stars from the border punch I used – the snowflake one – and randomly stuck them all over the card front.

I had the idea of stamping the santa and sleigh so began the search for the stamp – I know I bout 4 or 5 a short time ago – as luck was on my side for a change I found one – it was from Kanban – so I stamped in matt black ink and added a teeny tiny red gem to signify the red nose of Rudolph.

The couples names were added in Picasa – don't use that website too much these days.

All done!

I know Ann was pleased with the card – and yes I was too! I guess with my style of crafting I just do the decoupage as its far more my thing – but this card worked with a flat layer too – which is always great if there is a need to put it in the post...

I wil share the other card tomorrow folks

Until tomorrow....