Friday, 28 December 2012

Angie's Stamps


Yesterday I mentioned I had at long last made a start on something I had wanted to do for ages but with christmas and the like it never got started

So this is it!

It is an A5 rubber stamp holder

I actually bought the basic kit which is – the 2 pieces of board, 2 book rings, an oval cut out and around 6 sheets of thick acetate punched to fit the album – from and intended on using it for the project club kits.

I started by painting the board covers – one side is pink the other is blue, and I used the lovely B&Q sample paint pots, funky metallic effects, they are only cheap but just keep on going, I think it was something like £2 for 3 pots.

Anyway back to my stamp holder...

Once the paint was all dry I put the book together – mainly so I didn't misplace any of the pieces

I randomly stamped a sheet of card using a Dimension stamp that had swirls, hearts and flowers, I used some inks I had bought in the year and never opened – a ColorBox wheel of Petal Point fluid chalk ink pads – Blossom Pastels – in pinks and purples.

The heat gun was quickly passed over the page just to be sure all the ink was now dry then I used the Dimension Stamps plain alphabet to spell Angie's stamps – they were stamped using black Versafine ink pad and then cut out.

Now the messy bits – I inked each letter well with Versamark ink pads and covered the letters with clear embossing powder – heated then up and repeated so each letter was triple embossed to give the super shine and this also deepened the colour of the stamping too.

The letters were all set aside to cool completely and while I was waiting I painted the oval piece in purple metallic effects paint and put to one side to dry.

Onto the large flower – I have never really made one of these before, I have watched Roy from Dimension stamps lots of times and even have one of his flowers in my craft room...

At the last craft day we did at our building the ladies were taught how to make these flowers and I watched – but that was all...then when I gave the kits to people who hadn't made the day I did show them how to make them up so I had a good idea.

I used a sheet of 250gsm paper to start with, stamped my image 3 times in black then stamped inside the petals using the stamps provided in the set – I should add here that the flower was from and the set is called Petal Passion, it has the large and medium shaped petal flowers, a small smoother edge flower, 6 stamps to use inside the petals as decoration, a lovely flower swirl with extra flower and a wonderful Friendship verse – all for just £10

Back to the paper flower – it didn't work!!! It was far too flimsy so I started again using a 300gsm smooth white card which is what Roy suggested on his You Tube video.

I stamped veins into each petal this time using black versafine ink for all the stamping

I cut out the stamped flowers and then coloured them on the top and bottom using the same petal point colours – lighter in the centre working to darker around the outer edges.

I then followed the tutorial on which segments to cut and how to curl then make up the flower.

So the flower was completed and as I used glossy accents as a glue I used it to dot the petals and then sprinkled glitter of it.

Back to the letters now, I laid them on the book front until I was happy with them then used pin flare gel to stick the letters down.

With the oval I rubbed the edges with my Tim Holtz sanding pad to distress it lightly then used the Pin Flare gel to stick it between the wording

The flower was attached to one part of the oval with pin flare gel and then I found a lovely white acetate label that was embossed with white glitter around the edge and had this saying “Do All Things With Love” so I thought it was perfect to go along side of the flower – as it was acetate I used some invisi dots to hold it – and was gutted to see they showed straight through....not sure what if anything I can do now to cover them...I tried to take the label off but it would have made a mess so left it...I'm thinking of maybe trying to do an inner border of tiny gems as they would cover majority of it and hopefully help...any suggestions please?

The last thing I did was add a pretty acetate heart to the top right corner – its glittered around the edge and has text printed through the heart...the photo didn't show it properly as I was so close it all blared

So there we have it – so far – and I am so pleased with it...I wont rush it as I want it right...

Would love to know what you think to it please...

See you all again next time



  1. Love this Angie especially the flower. Think I'll get this for my group. What about putting tiny ribbon bows over the glue dots at the sides and heart gems top and bottom to link with the heart top right corner. Hope this helps. Xxx

  2. The above is from me Angie oops should have added my name. Hugs Wynn. Xxx