Sunday, 26 June 2011
Santa and Teddy Bear Easel Card
This image is one of my favorite and I find I never run out of ideas when using it!
It is from Cute Christmas CD by Flower Soft - a lovely twin CD with so any beautiful images and matching backing papers - well worth investing in, in my opinion.....
To make this lovely card I folded an A4 sheet of red card stock to form an A5 card blank - then scored one side on the A4 gate fold line and folded it to form the easel base..I then cut another sheet of the red card stock in half then into a 14cms square and put to one side for now.
Back to the A5 card - you need to measure 7cms from the left edge at the top and the bottom and lightly draw a line, cut along this line to the fold.
The remaining section will need the gate fold scoring again to create a sharp fold, then attach the 14cms square to the lower section of the gate fold line. Round all four corners of this and also the actual base card.
I covered the base with a piece of patterned Christmas paper which I also rounded corners of before sticking in place with double sided tape.
A scrap of silver mirri card was cut to measure 3cms x 14.5cms and the sides cut using the stamping blade on the Woodware fingerguard trimmer - I used a piece of the red card stock 2.5cms x 14cms and again cut the sides to match the mirri card. A piece of Christmas printed ribbon was slotted through a silver buckle and then attached to the red & silver panel then stuck to the left side of the card as in the photograph.
The topper had a white edge so rather than use mirri board I used the silver pro marker to edge it, then matted onto red card and then silver mirri card leaving a narrow border on both layers.
The matted topped was then stuck to the 14cms square panel centrally - and silver card candy stuck in all 4 corners of the red card and metallic red card candy stuck to 4 corners of the white topper.
Next I cut out the easy decoupage and layered up with slim sticky pads, shaping the teddy as I went. Because the beard, moustache and hat panel were large white areas I used flower soft PVA type glue to cover those sections then sprinkled with Twinklets Diamond Dust, pressed it lightly to fill all the gaps, left it to dry for 20 minutes then shook the excess back into the pot....
The last thing to do was use the mandala board to create a label shape in silver mirri then a size smaller in red card, matted one on the other and added peel off sentiment. The label shape was mounted on large sticky pads to act as the easel stopper
My printed verse was attached to the underside of the base.
Thank you for looking....