Saturday 25 June 2011

Posing Snowman

Another card from the Crafters Companion The Snowman cd - and only because I love the images - they are really easy to cut out and build up - even for a new crafters and children too - but they do, in my opinion, look lovely when completed, and are suitable for all ages to give and recieve!!!



Another thing I like about these - its a chance for your creative imagination to run away with you - the papers on the cd were not to my liking so I have used up oddments I had left over from previous years!!!

So for this card I used the darkest blue cardstock I had, folded to create an A5 card then rounded all 4 corners.

To do that I used my wonderful "We R Memory Keepers - Crop-A -Dile Corner Chompers" I will get a piccy of these for you as they are so easy to use and great for ANY thickness of card or paper - even mount board!!!!

I used the 1/2" corner (there is a choice of 1/4" or 1/2") and used the same on the dark b;ue printed backing paper I used - this was from the Do Crafts Daisy & Dandelion Christmas Collection A Winters tale papers I had from last year - I stuck it to the card blank leaving a narrow border all round.

The image I chose here was far too big to be used on an A5 card, so I had to crop it quite a lot to be able to matt it onto a blue mat - if you look at the image it has a tree to the right but nothing much on the left so I cropped around 3cms from there leaving what you now see in the picture. Rather than a straight edge I used my Woodware Finger Guard trimmer with the STAMPING blade in for a decorative edge and left the blue card mat with a straight edge.

Decoupage here was just the base layer of a full snowman, the next layer he was missing his arms and the it was his head and scarf and finally just his hat! It really was that easy!!!

I didnt shape any of the layers, I just used large slim double sided pads to build up the design and tiny squares for the hat and scarf

A christmas sentiment was matted onto dark blue cardstock and attached at an angle under the topper...

To finish this card I attached a small blue organza ribbon bow to top left corner, 3 pearls going down the top right of the topper and 3 cerise peink pearls going across the bottom left of the topper.

Last finishing touch was a few short blasts with the Crafters Companion Irridescent Glitter Spray!!!

Another card to the collection!!!!

1 comment: