Monday 8 December 2014

Village Christmas Card


Hi
Today’s card is another I have made for the Christmas Craft Day workshop, it’s not my own design as I saw this is a magazine and just loved it so did a variation of it.
I started by folding my white card into a landscape card (like a tent) then added a piece of checked paper leaving a narrow all round border.
This card is made up of matting and layering so the next mat was a piece of brownish embossed paper and then on top of that some lovely snowflake paper in shades of brown.

Doesn’t seem right making a Christmas card using mainly brown but I think it has worked well.
So back to the card....
I used a piece of quality very wide satin ribbon and placed it across the centre of the card securing it inside the card with sellotape.
Next I chose a lovely shaped die in 2 sizes and using the larger of the dies I cut a mat from double sided heavy coloured vellum. I used it brown side up as when I put the red on the brown mats it looked dreadful.
I used double sided tape to stick the brown mat in place – because adhesive tends to show through I placed the tape about 1cm in, that was then covered by the last mat.
Using a size smaller die I cut out one panel in white and another in pale blue
The white panel was then torn towards me to represent the rolling hills, I watered down some pva and painted the white with it then covered the panel with bright white glitter.
Next was the decorations needed for the main card, using Kraft card I die cut a village scene (this was a Marianne die and it is lovely)
I also die cut the fence which came with the village scene, and then using some dark green card I cut out 8 mini Christmas trees,
Making the card up was easy as I had the snowy panel to work with.
I glittered the roof’s of the houses and then glued the house panel to the card so I could work around the background,
The trees were highlighted with glitter then tucked behind the houses and a couple on the front,
The fence was simply added to look as though it was surrounding the houses.




So that was the main card sorted all I then needed to do was add a small deep green bow to the left side of the toppers and below the die cut panels I added a Christmas sentiment with a gold AB gem to each side of it.
Insert is in so that’s my card done for today
See you again soon
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment