Wednesday 31 December 2014

Pale Blue Delights


Good Morning Everyone

Its a very very cold day, yesterday the hard frost we woke to find didn’t clear all day and with temperatures dropping again through the night the frost looks hazardous today...not that I had to go out but it would stop me anyway as have big concerns about falling
Enough of the weather for now
I had such a good card making day yesterday, I’ve got 2 cards to share today, these are both for swaps one theme was pale blue and the other was anything of my own choice.
Let’s start with the pale blue card, it was a sheet I bought from www.craftsuprint.com and is by Sue Douglas and called the Floral Collection

So for the card I started by folding a sheet of whit 16”x8” card to create an 8x8 card then coloured around the edges of the card with light blue pan pastels then a light touch of lemon which softened the blue.
When I laid the base image against the card, the card was far too big so I chopped it down, I matted the image onto a square of pale blue glitter embedded card then that went onto the card base.
There wasn’t a great deal of decoupage to the card – just the flowers which I lightly shaped and added to the image using tiny sticky pads.
The finishing touches were glitter – the 3 butterflies were only stuck along the body so the wings were free, I used a quickie glue pen to highlight the veins and sprinkled with iridescent glitter, pale blue glitter was used in the centres of the ovals around the bottom and a slightly darker blue was used on the inside of the flowers.


Next card was also from www.craftsuprint.com but this time by Elaine Sheldrake.

It is a charming blue plate with a lovely summery look to the design.
I printed the single sheet, cut away the circular plate and stand and using Crafters Companion Stick & Stay I sprayed the back and secured them to strong white card and cut them out.
I used a mid blue pro marker to run around the plate and stand.
Because there was no decoupage apart from the ribbon I decided to gie the plate a WOW factor using glitters so it was light gold glitter on the thatched roof and the fence bordering it.

A lovely green glittered was used to outline the trees and then a silvery blue was used on the porch roofs
A bronze finished off the plate when it was added to the brown trees.
I printed a general verse and this was stuck to the back of the plate

I hope you like the 2 pale blue cards – and more so that the 2 lady’s I am posting these to like them!

I would like to wish everyone a very very Happy New Year
Stay safe and enjoy yourself
I for one hope 2015 will be a good year

So until the next card....
Bye for now
Hugs
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment