Friday 23 August 2013

Can You Build It?

Hooray I'm on a roll...3 posts in 3 days!!!!
I'm sharing a card I was asked to make for someone...I always ask the same questions when asked to make a card – who and what is it for, what are they into, approx age group and when do you need it!
I got the answers – birthday, hubby, old enough and he is a builder who has a can of Carling every night
Well I have to be honest and say I was stuck so as usual I called on my crafty friends for ideas
And its a huge thank you to Lou for suggesting this sheet by Lee Jacobs, its part of his doodles collection and is on sale through craftsuprint
I used PSP9 to create the brick backing paper and here it is for anyone who can use it

For the card I used a dark brown sheet of card, folded into A5 card blank then covered it with the brick paper leaving a narrow border all around the front.
I cut the main image which had the mini wall and stuck it on the right hand side of the card, cut the decoupage elements out and built them up with small sticky pads
On the sheet was a small brick wall so I trimmed it and added next to the main image using large sticky pads
So that was my basic builder done
Next I added a few Carling beer cans to the wall, some stood up and a couple laid on a side.
I also stood one on the wall he was building as well as crushing a can and dropping it to the floor
To finish I added glossy accents to the cans (for some reason it gave them a blue tinge) and also to the trowel.
A shaped sentiment went on the top and after taking the photo I added ****** was 'ere 2013 using peel off letters which she was really pleased with as she said he would be dead chuffed to have his name on the card!!!
Hope you like the idea!
See you next time
x

No comments:

Post a Comment