Tuesday 9 April 2013

Happy Anniversary

Hello my blogger friends
When I saw this sheet I just had to get it printed out and made up for my hubby as its our 11th wedding anniversary at the start of May.
The sheet is from www.craftsuprint.com and was designed by Carol Smith. I haven't a number but the sheet is named Stella & Gus have a long and happy marriage!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
Purple A4 card
Decoupage sheet
Candy Crush coloured vellum
2 purple glittered butterflies
Corner Chomper
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I folded the purple card in half to make the card blank then used the corner chomper to round the corners.
I trimmed the coloured vellum to fit the card front leaving a border then used the corner chomper on these corners.
The vellum was stuck to the card blank with double sided tape but I only put the tape down the centre of the card so the main image would cover it up.
Next I cut the main layer from the sheet – rounded the corners then stuck t the card with double sided tape.
The small amount of easy to cut decoupage was cut out, shaped and added to the card front with sticky pads.
The thought bubble and also the speech bubble were stuck in place with a large sticky pad.
The purple glittered butterflies were randomly placed just to lift the design
A simple Happy Anniversary was stuck across the top.
I haven't got around to glittering or adding glossy accents yet but better get a move on as time is passing by so quickly.
I just love these kind of cards – they always make people smile!!!
Catch you again tomorrow – same place folks
x

No comments:

Post a Comment