Monday 8 April 2013

A New home

Hello my blogger friends
Well I just have to share this card with you – I actually made it before my operation but forgot I had the photos on my camera.
I was asked to make a new home card – the person it was for lives for Disney in particular Tigger and just loves the colour red.
So after much searching I came across this sheet which I think fitted well – it has Pooh and friends but I added a personal message to the sign post.
I hope you like what I have done with it!
So materials for this card I used ….
Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...
Red A4 card
Decoupage sheet
Sheet of matching backing paper
A5 piece of red card
A5 piece red mirri card
Shaped nestability dies
card candy
coloured glitters
Sticky pads
Eazi Score Board & tool
Tonic 8” guillotine
Scissors
Tweezers
Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com
Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat
To make the card …
I folded the red card in half to make the card blank.
The backing paper was cut in half and one piece was trimmed to fit the card front – the corners were nipped with a corner punch..this was stuck in place with double sided tape.
I trimmed a piece of red to fit – then stuck with tape.
Using the shaped nestability I first cut the backing paper then a size down I cut the red mirri card
Both pieces were then stuck down with double sided tape.
Before printing the decoupage sheet I added text saying
“Helping Kerry & Dan move to their new home” this was cut out and the base image stuck in the centre of the red mirri panel using small double sided sticky pads.
The rest of the decoupage was cut out and added shaping the top layer.
I used newspaper print card candy for the corners – back were stuck to the backing panel and white ones to the red card panel
I added glossy accents to some areas and in others it was coloured glitters which all worked really well.
The lady I made it for was chuffed to bits with it and couldn't wait to hand it over to her friend Kerry
I'm pretty sure it will have gone down well as it ticked every box didn't it???
Catch you again tomorrow – same place folks
x

No comments:

Post a Comment