Saturday 3 November 2012

Saturday spent crafting!!!


Hi

I have things to share today – but its not a card!!!

I have enjoyed hours of playing in my craft room today so decided I should catch up on all the swaps I have signed up for

So I have made about 25 Christmas themed INCHIES – for those who don't know what inches are I will explain – they are 1” x 1” squares that are then decorated in whatever theme the swap sets – this time it was Christmas so I covered the squares with christmas fabric (thanks Sheila) then attached either metal charms or themed buttons – on the back it simply has my name!!!


Also I made 3 atcs with the theme YELLOW so I used some left over die cut frames that were white but I coloured with Tim Holtz Squeezed Lemonade distress ink pad – then added a bunch of 3 yellow flowers to the centre and added a small bow to the stems and a little sentiment was stuck on top of the criss cross edgers.
I then sprayed the whole atc with spray glitter

The next set of atcs were themed Edwardian – well I am as dim as can be when it comes to history so I just used these gorgeous elegant ladies (thanks Penny) I printed them to A5 size and cut them out, the atc background was kraft card that I put through the Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots embossing folder – once the decoupaged lady was in place I used a Tim Holtz Picket Fence Distress Marker to add dashes in between the embossed spots. The atcs still need a little more doing to them yet!

Then this evening I have sat and cut out 16 very small decoupage images – I have joined in a small tag swap – so its a small tag that has to be decorated on both sides and have a hanger...I have to say its decoupage every time for me, so I used some christmas themed sheets that were designed by Lee Jacobs if I print the sheet full size they are a perfect fit for a normal atc – so I reduced these to 10 x 15cm and that gave me the correct size for the tags, I have made my tags and covered with pretty christmas papers, sorted the hangers so tomorrow I just need to make the tags up!!

And lastly I cut out 2 sets of christmas toppers for atcs that I needed...I would normally only go for the cutie sheets but I do like the candle with poinsettia and bow but as it comes on a sheet that also has the baubles I thought I may as well make them up too!
Phew – a job well done I dare say....

For anyone who doesn't know what an ATC is let me briefly explain it

Artist Trading Card – ATC

They must be 3.5” x 2.5” - this is the ONE of the TWO rules!

You can decorate in any way you like

I think of mine as mini cards – which they are except they don't open!!!

They are only ever traded – they cannot be sold – this is rule TWO!

There are many sites and groups that swap atcs – it can be a person to person swap – they decide how many and what theme

Or an organised group swap where everyone sends the set number of atcs in the set theme to the host with a stamped addressed envelope and when all the swaps are in the host swaps them around and you get 3 different atcs.

I buy plastic sheets that have 9 pockets to hold the atcs – these then go into a binder/folder – I often look through the folders when stuck for ideas..

and I have occasionally used one or two of the atcs as toppers on my cards or scrapbook page!

Well I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I have done with my day...and you may even see something similar tomorrow as I still have a few more swaps to complete!

Till next time then.....

x




No comments:

Post a Comment