Monday 19 November 2012

Poinsettia Greetings


Hello

Back to sheets bought from www.craftsuprint.com only because they make quick and easy cards and if you have a lot to make they are perfect!

Its just one sheet to print and the cutting out is easy enough usually but then with a little decorating they can look amazing

So materials for this card I used ….

Heat mat to work on and protect your surface – I always use it...

Red A4 card

Decoupage sheet

Silver mirri card

Snowflake punch

Glamour dust

Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue

Double sided tape

Sticky pads

Eazi Score Board & tool

Tonic 8” guillotine

Scissors

Tweezers

Shaping tool from www.dimensionstamps.com

Foam shaping mat – stamping mat or even a mouse mat

To make the card ...

I used the eazi score board to score the A4 red card on line 7 then folded over and ran the bone folder over the fold to sharpen the crease.

I measured and cut out the silver mirri card, then used a Martha Stewart snowflake border punch to punch across it

Added double sided tape to the back and stuck in place leaving a narrow border on all sides.

Next I cut out the base layer and added double sided tape to the back – removed the backing from the tape and after stuck it centrally onto the mirri card layer

Now I can start on the decoupage

I cut all the pieces out and stuck tiny sticky pads all over the back of the pieces, removed the waste and then laid each piece of decoupage down.

I did run the top pieces between my thumb and the scissor blade to slightly curve the piece then added sticky pads and positioned on the card.

To decorate I kept it simple – I used the quickie glue pen to highlight sections of the design and then sprinkled with glamour dust

The centre of the poinsettia was glued up and sprinkled with gold glamour dust

And that is another finished card – I dont know why but when I make the more traditional cards like this I feel they are more enjoyed by the older generation

See you next time....

x

1 comment:

  1. very pritty card as always my friend
    you made some very nice Christmas cards so far take care hugs linda

    ReplyDelete